The PATH Foundation is a collaborative working environment that is excited about its work to improve the overall health and wellness of our community. We currently are hiring for the following position:
The Staff Accountant role is a full-time, non-exempt position responsible for assisting the CFO with the Foundation’s day-to-day, monthly and year-end Accounting operations, including grant management by applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Primary Job Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, each primary job responsibility must be performed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the primary job responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Performs the Foundation’s month-end closing. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and controlling the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization; ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating and entering transactions.
- Analyzing monthly financial statements, schedules and other reports to determine if they are accurate, reliable and supported by accounting
- Performing analysis and reconciliation of general accounts including bank statements, fixed assets, employer benefits costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Preparing monthly consolidated financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from departments and the general ledger system.
- Processing functional and benefit expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of pre-paid expenses, fixed asset depreciation and recording adjusted and reclassified journal entries
- Oversees all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner; interface with payroll provider and enter in all transactions for bi-weekly payroll
- Assists the CFO with the preparation of the annual budget; prepares and analyzes the monthly budget/forecast variance reports for each program and department.
- Responsible for preparing monthly investment analysis, reconciling investment accounts; analyzing investment statements and developing spreadsheets for reporting purposes; assisting with monitoring the returns of the Foundation’s portfolio.
- Assist with the preparation of supporting documents for 990 filing; prepares W-2s and validates 940 and 941 for accuracy.
- Assist with the preparation of audit schedules.
- Other duties as assigned aligned with the Foundation’s strategic objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Advanced MS Office skills, with a strong emphasis on Excel including the use of advanced functions such as pivot tables.
- Strong organizational and project management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and manage projects assigned through completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and as a highly resourceful team player under pressure and within deadlines.
- Creative and innovative thinker, who actively presents new opportunities, proposes solutions and recommends best practices.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and effectively resolve potential issues through creative problem solving.
- Ability to work creatively and with flexibility in a fast paced environment while maintaining high work standards.
- Team player with ability to collaborate with others in the organization.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; exceptional interpersonal skills, a focused listener.
- Proficient with Quickbooks.
- Demonstrated professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting; current with accounting developments and trends.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree, required
- 2+ years of applicable accounting experience, required