The PATH Foundation is a collaborative working environment that is excited about its work to improve the overall health and wellness of our community. Currently there is one open position:
Faith Community Nurse Coordinator
Temporary, Contract Position: 20 hours/week for 1 calendar year.
The Faith Community Nurse Coordinator (FCN) is responsible for organizing and planning the FCN program, as well as overseeing, educating, and supporting practicing FCNs. The FCN Coordinator must be open to many faith traditions and be willing to spend time in the community promoting health ministry to individuals, groups, organizations, agencies, and faith communities.
This position encompasses holistic care of faith communities and faith community members through the integration of health and the intentional care of the spirit. The FCN Coordinator advocates for holistic health through health education, health counseling and the coordination of health-related initiatives at both an individual and faith community level. The FCN Coordinator acts as a resource for faith communities in the PATH Foundation footprint of Fauquier, Rappahannock, and Culpeper Counties.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Engages faith communities located within Fauquier, Rappahannock, and Culpeper Counties.
- Coordinates and manages the Health Cabinet and Ethics Committee.
- Serves as a liaison to faith community and community at-large for resource referral.
- Assists FCNs with congregational programming.
- Ensures FCNs are trained to utilize reporting software, and equipped with technology to maintain reporting standards.
- Prepares summaries and reports of aggregated data and analyses of program interventions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong MS Office skills; proficiency in Henry Ford Macomb documentation software a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and effectively resolve potential issues through creative problem solving; recommends best practices.
- Ability to develop rapport and engender trust working with diverse audiences and constituencies.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BSN required.
- CPR certification.
- Current RN license in Virginia.
- Malpractice insurance required. General or Professional Liability coverage in excess of personal policy; Coordinator will be reimbursed.
- Automobile insurance required; may require rider for incident that occurs while performing primary job responsibilities.
- At least ten years of nursing experience; community health experience preferred.
- Accountability to Scopes and Standards of Practice for Faith Community Nursing.
- Spiritual leadership as evidenced by experience in congregational ministries, lay leadership, or other related spiritual development.
The primary work environment in which the Faith Community Nurse Coordinator will operate is diverse, and includes engagement with individuals from wide-ranging backgrounds across the PATH Foundation footprint.
Travel: Frequent local travel will be required.
Interest applicants should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.