Summer 2018 Internship Program
We are an exciting and fast-paced health foundation based in Warrenton, Virginia. In addition to work with the Foundation, we offer placement opportunities with local government and nonprofit organizations serving our community. These may include, but are not limited to:
PATH Foundation Volunteer Center – Intern will work with Volunteer Center manager on initiatives supporting the volunteer efforts of nonprofits and government agencies that recruit volunteers.
Communications/Marketing – Intern will work with PATH Foundation staff on communications efforts and community outreach in support of Foundation and area nonprofits.
Nonprofit/Government Agency Support – Diverse opportunities for interns to be placed with a local nonprofit or government organization partnered with the PATH Foundation.
INTERN WILL LEARN AND BE EXPOSED TO:
- Real world knowledge of nonprofits, nonprofit capacity building and volunteer management.
- Hands on work with wide variety of nonprofit organizations and government agencies.
- Participation in regular staff meetings, community events, and professional and leadership development activities.
- Must be a rising junior or senior in a bachelor’s program, master’s degree program, or a recent graduate of an accredited academic institution. Previous PATH interns are ineligible to apply.
- All academic disciplines will be considered.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) preferred.
- Applicant must be motivated and organized.
- Priority will be given to applicants from our service area, including Fauquier, Rappahannock, and Culpeper counties.
SCHEDULE & COMPENSATION:
- The internships will last 9 weeks, beginning Monday, June 4th and ending Friday, August 3rd.
- Interns are expected to work 25 hours/week.
- Compensation ranges between $12.50 to $14.50/hour depending on academic year.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 9, 2018:
- Cover Letter
- One Letter of Recommendation
Please email us at: email@example.com